Academics at Ursuline Academy
Co-ed, Grades 1-5
Students expand upon the foundation set in Early Childhood to become independent learners in a personalized, co-ed environment. Small class sizes enable teachers to engage and challenge your child to grow academically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
Primary: Grades 1-3
- Embraces the core values of St. Angela as they learn the importance of responsibility and service.
- Formulates creative solutions using innovation and higher-level thinking skills through cognitively demanding tasks.
- Develops stronger reading and writing skills, which increases academic mastery across all subject areas through an integrated and balanced literacy program.
- Builds confidence through various enrichment classes including, but not limited to, visual arts, science, physical & health education, world language, music, band, and the performing arts.
- Becomes an effective communicator through public speaking and comprehensive reading and writing programs.
- Builds a strong foundation of number sense, computation, and problem-solving and applies knowledge to progressively sophisticated mathematical challenges.
- Builds leadership skills through personal relationships, cooperation, and social awareness.
Intermediate: Grades 4-5
- Embraces leadership opportunities by being a positive role model for others, serving those in our community, and leading the Lower School in various ways to make a positive impact.
- Strengthens problem-solving skills and learns to analyze, synthesize, think critically, appreciate diverse perspectives, and collaborate.
- Becomes a proficient reader who excels in written communication and public speaking through a comprehensive literacy program.
- Gains confidence and models the spirit of Serviam as they live the core values of St. Angela.
- Expands the understanding of concrete and abstract concepts to help increase interest and aptitude for success in math and science-based fields.
- Exposure to various enrichment classes including, but not limited to, visual arts, science, physical & health education, foreign language, music, band, and the performing arts.
- Make preparations for the middle school year through modeled experiences inside and outside the classroom.